T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello peeps,

I just got my first heat press, and now Im looking at buying a printer and ink setup that will give me good quality results. I have seen a couple epson printers using durabright ink that are as low as 70-100 dollars (c-86, c-66)
I'm just wondering the number of prints the ink cartridges good for, and approximately what it would cost per t-shirt using one of these epson printers to make transfers, and is it worth the cost of the ink, or better just to have designs printed by outside companies. I'd like to hear from people that have used these printers, or similar printers, and what you've figured out as far as cost per transfer.

Mahalo!

MJ

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Its really hard to estimate ink usage, but I'd say somewhere between about 20 cents (basic black text) to about 80 cents (full color picture). Add that to the ~75 cents per Magic Jet transfer paper (depending on how many you buy at a time)... so something around $1.50 per sheet. I really can't say I know for sure though.

One other note, don't forget that there are bulk ink systems you can purchase, which will drop the ink cost-per-page down to like 10 cents. (But, of course, require the initial investment on the bulk system.)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts