T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently attended an event where a company was selling t-shirts that were very high quality transfers. I asked how they were able to print without any obvious rectangular border. They joked about not revealing their secrets, then admitted their secret: they "print the release" first, then print the graphic on top of it. Has anyone heard of this technique? I think tagless t-shirts also do this for the little 'tag'...look closely. Anyway, if anyone knows, what all do I need in order to do this myself? If you can print the release first, the result would rival plastisol transfers. Only the graphic will have the release, the rest will just be paper. No more borders! To me, this is the holy grail of transfers.

By 'release' I mean the polyester coating that coats transfer paper.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MotoskinGraphix said:
They are printing plastisol transfers and playing you!!!!!
Why would they pretend they are printing the release? I would think people (me included) would prefer a plastisol transfer anyway...

Thanks,
Bill

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jdr8271 said:
My guess is that the where using photo trans imageclip paper. It is a two step paper that leaves only the ink behind. It is only available for laser printers.
Hey, well maybe that's a good idea then? Do you have more info on this process or the "trans imageclip paper"? Have you tried it, do the results look good? If I was going to print just text, what are the 2 steps?

Sorry for all the questions, and thanks a lot!

Bill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts