T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the t-shirt industry but want to market to local bands and musicians. As a musician myself, I know that many will want to protect their name and band. What should be expected in terms of licensing, printing agreements, etc. from local bands? I want to make sure that I do everything legally and don't get sued for printing material that I don't own.

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
It really depends on what you are trying to do.

Are you just looking to print for bands and then they go out and sell the shirts? Or do you want to print the shirts and then go and sell them yourself?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would be printing the shirts for the bands and they would sell them however they please. I would not be retailing them myself.

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
Then there's really no licensing going on, so no need for an agreement. If they are paying you to print shirts, then they are giving you permission to print their artwork. If anything, they would have you sign an agreement that you can only print shirts for them and not use their shirts or art for any other reason. I suppose you could have them sign off on a proof or sample or agreement, but it's probably overkill. They are the IP owners, you're just printing what they ask you to print.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts