T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have These designs & Blank hoodies here in NYC , But I cannot find anybody to print On Them. I Am Looking everywhere if you guys have any suggestions Feel Free To Comment .
ALSO If Anybody Has suggestions on Printing Overseas For Large A Quantity Of Prints

(Specifically Dtg Printing On Hoodies )

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
If you are intending to print a quantity of each design in one go (as opposed to print on demand), you should probably consider screen printing rather than DTG. Costs should be lower, quality of print higher. Beyond that, most printers would prefer to provide the garments themselves, as that simplifies replacing any blanks that get misprinted, and their price structure is usually based on providing the blank.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply , I was going with Dtg for quality Being that my brand stands For High Quality .. I don’t want prints that will look cheap or rub/crack in short periods of time & Same for the blanks , I didn’t want cheap Felt hoodies I’m using Independent trading hoodies (IND4000 & IND4500) I’m still Trying To Figure Out What Is Best For Those Particular Hoodies

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Cool. ITC makes nice hoodies. That's what I use for my own line of designs, which I screen print myself.

Best print results will be with the ones that have a higher cotton content, like 80/20, and/or a 100% cotton face. The IND4000 is fantastic, smooth surface to print on, heavy, long sleeves and body, double-weight hood, strong cuffs/waist (I'm wearing one as I type this). But I mostly use the SS4500 as it is closer to the mid-weight that most areas of the country seem to expect in a hoodie (but single-layer hood and not quite as smooth a print surface).

It is not impossible to get a good looking DTG print, nor to get a shoddy looking screen print. Corners can be cut and things can go wrong with either process, but odds are in favor of screen printing coming out on top.

If your art is along the lines of a color photograph and you aren't printing many, then DTG may be your best option. But you need an operator who won't skimp on the underbase white and who knows what they are doing. There is an $ incentive $ to cut back on the ink as that is the major cost of DTG printing, and why most DTG/POD shirts look like poop!

If your art is white ink on black garments, screen print it. It will be more opaque and have more "pop" than a DTG print, and will cost much less. The more colors, the more it will cost. The more units of each design printed in one go, the lower the cost per unit (as opposed to DTG where there is no economy of scale, and why DTG is used mostly for print on demand).

Sorry I can't suggest any printers. Say a bit more about the nature of your art (number of colors, bold text vs gradients, etc) and maybe someone can suggest someone.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the reply , I was going with Dtg for quality Being that my brand stands For High Quality .. I don’t want prints that will look cheap or rub/crack in short periods of time & Same for the blanks , I didn’t want cheap Felt hoodies I’m using Independent trading hoodies (IND4000 & IND4500) I’m still Trying To Figure Out What Is Best For Those Particular Hoodies
If you're concerned about cracking in screen printing, what you're looking for is water-based or discharge based inks instead of plastisol. Plastisol sits on top, the other two kind go into the fabric and dye/bleach it and leave a softer feel. A number of local shops should be able to help you, if not feel free to shoot me a message and I can give you contact info for my Florida-based shop (we ship across the US for several other clients already). Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts