T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dtg printer sometimes will print rows of symbols and numbers very small on the shirt. Any idea on what is the cause of this?

Josh:confused:

·
Registered
4,870 Posts
The first line of a print job has the header details: language, resolution etc.
If there is a break in communication, a restart for example then the rest of the job, without the header is garbage and prints as such.
reset the printer, make sure that the RIP isn't sending any more data.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What would cause an image to keep reappearing? ie. Printed the name Tate and then a couple of images later Tate shows up again like on the second pass.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I set for one color pass. It prints but then the red light comes on again, and still prints the rows of numbers.

We tried deleting and reinstalling Rip-pro and also deleting all previous commands.

Josh

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
You could have 2 possibilities. Most likely, as Don mentioned, would be your RIP software, the drivers, or your computer itself. The other could be the main board on your printer. You want to be able to first eliminate the more likely problem. i would suggest using, borrowing, another computer. Load up your drivers and software from scratch on it, connect to your printer, and see if you get a repeat of the problem. If you don't then you have found the source of your problem and just need to diagnose what is causing it on your original computer.

Harry

1 - 7 of 7 Posts