T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone, i own a T Jet 2. i have a issue when i use it to print images, especially those images my customer brought me, the printouts have very strong exaggerated color. just not like original photo. i tried balanced the color curves, and adjust the hue and saturation, but, if i don't do any changes on the original art work, it should just come out exactly the same right. and it looks like the printer has print more ink. and i couldn't figure out which print model i use be using. help please. thanks

· Registered
1,474 Posts
First off, you do have the icc color profiles for DuPont ink and the T-Jet2 installed, correct? The package you would have needed to install after you installed FastArtist and FastRIP on your computer is FASTJET2.4.7.R.pkg.

Secondly, are you using DuPont inks? There are no color profiles for any inks other than DuPont for the T-Jet2, so if you are using another brand you will have the problems you mentioned.

Third, your computer monitor could be way out of calibration causing the colors on screen to be way different that what prints out. But this is not as likely at all especially if you display a digital photo and the colors look very much like what you saw when you took the picture.

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply and advise, yes, i use Dupont ink, but i have no idea what's that icc means. all i have been change around is the print mode. such as recently i just changed CMYK 720 CARTOON 2 PASS TO 360. i see little different, but still, hard to matching photo color. for example, if someone brought me a photo, and want me to scan it and print on the shirt. i just scanned it and without edit the colors, it should print out the same color as the photo. maybe on the photo file, i should use 360 photo mode? also i assume on white shirt and black shirt, the result should be the same with bulk ink system right. does it depend on how strong the underbase strength is?
thanks

· Registered
1,474 Posts
If you did not specifically install that file package I mentioned after you installed FastArtist and FastRIP, your colors will never be right. It will not matter what print mode you use until you have the icc color profiles installed for the DuPont inks and the T-Jet.

You might call tech support (from the vendor you buy your DuPont inks from) for help installing the color profiles in that file package. Remember, you are looking for a file on your PC called "FASTJET2.4.7.R.pkg". That contains the color profiles you need to install. You may need to aquire the file if you did not get it with the rest of your software.

· Registered
1,393 Posts
thanks for the reply and advise, yes, i use Dupont ink, but i have no idea what's that icc means. all i have been change around is the print mode. such as recently i just changed CMYK 720 CARTOON 2 PASS TO 360. i see little different, but still, hard to matching photo color. for example, if someone brought me a photo, and want me to scan it and print on the shirt. i just scanned it and without edit the colors, it should print out the same color as the photo. maybe on the photo file, i should use 360 photo mode? also i assume on white shirt and black shirt, the result should be the same with bulk ink system right. does it depend on how strong the underbase strength is?
To find out if you have the right printer package you need to go to your FastRip software, then select Printer>Manage Printers> and your Version should be 4.7.

As far as print modes, for photos you always want to use your photo print modes. Cartoon print modes are 25% more saturated creating deeper colors and makes people in photos look sunburn. This is more for vector images. Best print mode to use is 1440x720. This will give you the best color and resolution. If your printing on a thicker 6.1oz shirt then using Photo 720 2 pass will be best. You will have to select two copies in the Job Ticket Properties so that the 2 pass print mode will print 2 passes. 360 is a horrible print mode and shouldn't even be in there. The ink lay down is very light and creates banding. Another thing you can do with your photo is open it in photoshop and switch the mode to CMYK color to show you a bit better of what it will look like when it prints. Of course digital photo files will work much better then scanned photos. Printing on black shirts will give you different results color wise because your printing on two different surfaces. On whites your printing on soft fabric where as on black shirts you printing on white thick ink so your color will change making it look brighter. This is something to always make your customers aware of.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.