T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone
Not sure if i have posted in the right thread but here goes!!!:rolleyes:
I have been trying my hand at transfer printing tee's with a heat press , but im having terrible trouble getting the transfers to stay on!!! i have changed the press times, used different fabrics, etc etc etc but they are cracking in the wash!!! :mad: and its drivin me crazy???? soo i think maybe its the type of transfer paper i am using can anyone out there pleeeeeeease give me some much needed advice on this, can you reccomend any transfer papers?? what am i doin wrong :confused:

Look forward to hearing from someone :D

Thanks tri

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cprvh said:
Please give us a bit more information:

Type of transfer, ink, transfer paper, type of fabric, pressing times & temps.
I have been using 100% cotton tee's i have tryed others with stretch but this is worse and was told to use fabric with as least stretch as poss! i was given setting times from 10 secs to 2 mins???? i have done 2 mins max,180 degrees, i have a colour jet printer, the paper i bought from paperzone, it just says quality inkjet tshirt transfer paper??
The transfers are my own i have printed from my computer onto the paper using my printer.

Hope you can help

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I have heard good things about photo trans image clip paper, and Techni-Print paper for laser printers. Not sure what brand you are using? Your probably best off buying from a heat transfer company, rather than a paper company, as they are selling a higher quality product.

The most likely and common problem is that you are not pre-pressing your shirts before placing the transfer on them. Pre-press the shirt for about 20 seconds, so evaporate any water that is in the shirt. You should see the shirt steam. After pre-pressing the shirt, allow the shirt to sit in the heat press for another 10 seconds, to allow for complete moisture evaporation.

Then try pressing using the manufacureres reccomended time/temp/pressure

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advice!
I have been pre pressing the tshirts and still having the problems?
ill def change the transfer paper and hope it works!

Many Thanks for your help! :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think its your paper there are alot out there and some of them are junk. alot af places will send you free samples to try. I have been using IW Jet II transfer paper for Lights and for darks imprintables.com and don't have the cracking problems you described

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello!
Whenever there is a problem with a heat transfer cracking and peeling off, that usually means not enough heat, time, or pressure when pressing. Most transfer papers require 350-375 degrees, 15-20 seconds, medium to heavy pressure.

I hope this helps!:p

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think it must be the transfer paper i have used bcus i have tryed various time settings, the correct temp and using alot of pressure? i'll just have to try different paper and hope for the best its soo frustrating! im from the UK can anyone reccomend a place i can get samples??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts