T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
could somebody please help me with a problem im having

i have recently purchased a D1 ecliplse ( basicly 2 HM1 printers in one, with the rear been for white and the front been for cmyk) it had been sat for 6 weeks when i bought it.

iv changed the dampers and the printhead ribbon cable, gave the encoder strips a good clean also ive gently pushed cleaning fluid through the printheads getting a nice spray through each nozzle with ease

however i can not get a nozzle check at all, when i print a t-shirt it comes out red/pink

can somebody tell me if this problem lies with the machine and if so what could it possibly be?

or is it a problem with the software?

any ideas or a shove in the right direction would be brilliant as im at a loss were to go next

thank you,

mark

·
Registered
401 Posts
First thought is try an ink charge to fill up the reservoirs in the head itself ,then check print fuse on mboard ..(ask other members about these on the hm1's)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
First thought is try an ink charge to fill up the reservoirs in the head itself ,then check print fuse on mboard ..(ask other members about these on the hm1's)
done the ink charge. il check the motherboard tomorrow. funny thing is i checked the motherboard on the white unit but completley forgott to check it on the CMYK

thank you :)

iv just checked the motherboard and its fine.just noticed the CMYK capping station is leaking ink. could this be the cause?? guess im gonna have to ring the techs out to get on a level playing field if not

·
Registered
401 Posts
If the capping station is leaking it is unable to draw any ink into the head so nothing will print ,always best to get the techs on the job when your beat ;)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If the capping station is leaking it is unable to draw any ink into the head so nothing will print ,always best to get the techs on the job when your beat ;)
this is true. iv tried my best and reached the point where it is either the sledge hammer or the tech. the tech's coming wednesday and the sledge hammer is on hold :D

i would of just ordered the capping stations and fitted them myself, however i was unable to find any videos on changing the capping station and they look a little harder than the Kiosk 2 to figure out :rolleyes:

thanks for your help :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
had the tech out from Yes LTD today to service my D1

firstly i must say (after slating YES for there pricing in previous posts) that he was a credit to Yes. he couldnt of been more helpfull

he changed the capping stations and had it up and running using his own XP laptop with print pro printing a perfect print

however i have windows 7 using rip pro4 and i cant seem to get it printing the correct colours and everything is still coming out yellow/orange. the tech was wanting to help me set the rip pro4 up on my windows 7 but was unable too as he was unfamiliar with rip pro4 :confused:

is anybody familiar with rip pro4 and the settings? any help would be great

thank you,

mark

·
Registered
359 Posts
We learned a long time ago when our print on demand fulfillment program had sporadic volume that if you let your direct to garment printer sit for a few days, you can pretty much kiss the printing head goodbye if you didn't properly flush it prior to storing it away. Even if you did flush it, there are sometimes still particles that mess up the jets.

Remember, the jets are ultra tiny and very vulnerable. They can be damaged with contact. What you might consider is trying to pass a flushing fluid (like Simple Green) through each channel (into a sink!). That way, you can visually see if the jets are cleared up. We use a syringe and a small hose.

Keep in mind, though, that tech support does not endorse this process because if you force the fluid too hard, it too can damage the head.

Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts