T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry I've had no socializing time here, we're slammed and I only have time for my needy questions. Here is todays...we print on textiles, we're going to do posters for the 1st time, we are printing cream, light maroon and dark maroon ink. What are the best inks to use for opacity when printing on black poster stock?

Thanks guys! I'll try to stop by for helpful tidbits or just to chat when I get free time!

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
I'd be inclined to experiment with textile inks. Paper printing inks (or the ones I've used anyway) are low opacity, printing on black doesn't give particularly satisfactory results. It's more of a solved problem in the textile printing world, so I'd try those inks on paper and see what happens.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Print an underbase first, dry, then print your color of choice. If you print the color straight with no underbase, you get a lower tone of that color. It's like printing on black shirts.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I use poster printing ink with an underbase of white are there any suggestions of brands to purchase? I need to get this figured out soon. We are sponsoring the event with free printing but the organizer is paying for supplies so I just need to get the cost to her.

Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
go to nazdar online and you can get a sample in a quart size can. They also have discriptions of what ink goes best on what. A gallon can be very expensive so make sure you purchase the correct one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts