T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a customer that sent in pique polo shirts that need to get a 1 color, no flash, left chest. I've had our automatic press since September of 09, and this is only the second time I've had to print polo shirts since the purchase. The last time, I was concerned w/ the buttons, so I set up the job on my manual. On to my question....has anyone, or does anyone know how to print polos on an automatic so that the emulsion or screen doesn't get pin holes, or worse than that, tear from the buttons? Is there an attachment to put on the platens? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
680 Posts
Cut a squeegee blade so that it will exceed the print by about 1/2" on each side and put it in the squeegee holder. That way it won't interfere or touch the buttons while printing. We printed some yesterday and I just used a full sized blade, 65-70 duro blade and put extra tape on the print side of the screen where the buttons touch it and did 144 shirts with no probs. Put some protection on that part of the screen and the emulsion won't break down, and if it does for some reason, the tape will block the ink.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts