T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a single color press, but would like to print a two color design on 15" x 15 " white canvas fabric pieces. I thought the way I could perhaps go about it is to approach it like poster printing: put down color #1 (orange) with water-based on all pieces, air dry, then change the screen and print color #2 with black plastisol.
The two colors have overlap.

So far I have been using a heat press to cure plastisol ink for my single color prints and don't have a flash dryer to "gel" plastisol. I don't want to risk curing the first ink layer if I used plastisol for both colors.

So, could I just lay down my orange waterbased first and then overprint with black plastisol on the air dried orange layer and then do a final cure? (The look and feel of black plastisol would look better on the final product than water base plus it's easier to work with for me)

The orange base layer merely needs to "tint" the fabric; I don't need it to be a thick coating.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

· Registered
251 Posts
Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. The waterbase probably isn't going to air dry properly and then when you print the plastisol over an improperly cure base and wash the shirt, the base could wash out taking some of the plastisol with it, not to mention that if you are print more than a dozen shirts this way, it's going to take forever to do.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.