T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anybody tell me how would i go about printing (lets say) 8.5x11 photos on tshirts with wording out side of the picture with a heat press and transfer paper??? like family reunion shirts or similar....

· Registered
1,945 Posts
cheapest way and still have a decent shirt would be to get an epson printer and some JetProSoftstretch transfer papers and if you don't have or want to geet a heat press, find someone to press them for you. You'll need some graphics software and corel draw is good and what I use but theres inkscape that is free and will do a good job.

· Registered
1,945 Posts
Well, print it out on the JPSS and line the shirt up on the heat press. First off, the image will be reversed left to right (and upside down if you don't pay attention) so if there is writing or the L/R orentation is important, print he image in reverse. second is to pre-press the shirt with the heat press up to temp or almost up to temp for two reasons. It will remove moisture and flatten the shirt. Unless your in the desert, there will be some moisture in the shirt weather it feels like it or not. Even if your in the desert, it would be a good idea to do the pre-press.

· Registered
1,027 Posts
Terry's right but if your lettering is "off the picture" as you say in your post, there are two ways to do it. Another JPSS with the lettering and placed next to the picture and pressed at the same time. The other option is vinyl lettering. Only thing with this method is that you should have a cutter. Press the picture first, protect the picture with a piece of parchment when you secondly press the vinyl at the lower temp. Hope this makes sense. For you, I would go with the first method.

· Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
chuck you understand exactly what im tring to say thanks, but im wondering if thats my only option to print on two different sheets of paper??? i have a epson 1400 and 11x17 sheets of paper that i usually cut in half...

· Registered
1,027 Posts
Abdul, if your using 11 x 17 paper, can you print length wise? 17" should be more than enough for a picture with lettering on both sides. Can you get away with the 11" high? If so, your in business. Just don't cut the paper.

· Registered
1,945 Posts
Yes she should be able to print "sideways". All that would be needed to do is make you "work-space" the correct size and make the graphics rotate to fit the "work-space" (actualy at this stage, it is the paper or sheet size, 11X17) or one could use "landscape" mode to print "sideways" in the printer preferances but would need to be sure the graphic(s) fit correctly which would mean to use a "custom" paper size in the graphics program.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.