T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to print photos on t-shirts but don't know how. Do I have to use photoshop or corel paint? I have both but they are HARD to understand. How do you print photos?

·
Registered
18 Posts
We are using Alpha Green transfer paper for light shirts. You print your image on the transfers paper then, peel the back of the paper off the image transfer sheet. Next, you lay the photo face up on the t-shirt making sure it is aligned from right to left, top- bottom. Lay a teflon sheet over the photo-image and heat press at the temp and time of the instructions ( 380 at 25 seconds)
cool peel teflon back off after the design cools down. I hope this helps out. This has been the best product I have found on the market so far. Good luck!!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Are you wanting to screenprint them or use transfers?

Do you want to print one color photographs or
full color?

The color shirt you want to print on makes a difference too.

White shirts are easier, darker shirts harder.

You will need screens that have 230 mesh for screenprinting.

When you print your art, you will want to experiment with the size of dot, the smaller the better, or else your image may be grainey, usually a 40 lpi maybe a 35

And like I always say, 10 people will do it 10 different ways. But hopefully this is a start.

It can be done, and it will take some experimentation on your part to get the results you want.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess I goofed on part of my question. I am printing with a brother garment printer on white t-shirts. Sorry about that. My question was in my head - I just didn't get it out on paper!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I always use Corel. I've never used Corel-Paint, but I do have it. It looks so complicated - fixing all kinds of stuff on pictures that I cannot even see are wrong!

So, you just open or import the photo into Corel and print just like anything else, huh? I can probably do that!! I'm also going to sublimate the same photos onto glass cutting boards, and probably that will work as well? (maybe you don't know about sublimation - I don't know much yet either) Thank you so much for your help. As soon as my black ink arrives I'll be good to go (I think!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts