T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I'm from Argentina and I'm interesting in buying a DTG Kiosk III. I'm almost sure about it, the only thing I would like to know is how many A4 image I can print with one liter of ink. I know that FreeJet320 can print 60-70 mts2 with 1 ltr of CMYK and 20-30 mts2 in white. But I would like to know if this info is similar in the DTG Kiosk 3.

Thanks in advance for your answers, ANA

PS. Sorry, but my english is not very good.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hello Ana,

To print an A4 size image you will use approx 15ml of white ink per image. This is printing at maximum white ink coverage, you can possibly reduce this by 20% depending on your own preferences.

Therefore you should be able to print approx 60-70 A4 Images with one littre of white ink.

now just to use some rough calculations, lets say that 15 x A4 is equal to 1 square meter, that would mean that one littre is equal to approx 4-5 square meters.

I really dont think that you will be able to get 20-30 square meters on any machine from one littre of white ink.

I also find that the variance quoted is far too great, 20-30? the variance being 10 meters. It does not add up for me.

Hope this helps

Regards
Jerry
DTG Digital

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
Ana,

The only difference in the amount of shirts you can print per a liter of ink will be based on how the RIP software processes a piece of artwork. It does not matter which Epson-based dtg printer (i.e. 18/1900, 2400, 48X0,...) you decide to go with, the ink consumption is based more on the RIP software and the artwork being printed than the actual printer. A slight difference may exist based on the automatic cleanings that are a result of the Epson firmware, but I doubt that would make a difference.

In my opinion, any numbers that any dtg manufacturer will try to tell you based on the number of shirts printed per a specific amount of ink is nothing more than a guess. Each dtg printer has their unique markets that they serve. Without specifically knowing more about the size of the prints, the ink coverage and other key factors specific to your business... all numbers are purely a guess and should not be used based on your business model. Take several sample graphics to the distributor that is trying to sell you a printer and run the graphics. Look at the ink useage and then also add a specific percentage to cover the cost of cleanings (manual and automatic) and mistakes. Then determine what your average cost per a print is and divide that number by the average cost per a liter. Remember, the cost of white ink is usually the same or more than CMYK colors.

Hope this helps.

Mark

·
Registered
371 Posts
I agree with Mark, the ink usage is based on the RIP software.

However, most software can measure the amount of ink used per design.

My earlier calculations were achieved by:

1- creating a full block design in photoshop at A4 size
2- Loading the design into my RIP and calculating the ink usage

It showed as exactly 15.03ml for that size design.

feel free to post up a sample design and I will calculate the exact ink usage for you.

Regards
Jerry
DTG Digital

1 - 4 of 4 Posts