T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm very new to screenprinting up to this point i have only used dark inks on light garments. I got an order for black shirts with orange lettering. I am using 110 mesh with Multitech ink opaque 124... I tried doing a print flash print and it is still showing black through the ink. I attempted to do three coats and it still doesn't look good. Is it possible that the ink that i am using is just a bad ink to print on darks? please experts help!!

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
OK I dont do screen printing but I do dtg. But maybe you might need either a more opaque ink or maybe it needs a white underbase. With my dtg I cannot print orange directly on black without a white underbase, but my inks are not opaque either. I am not sure if this helps or not, but I am thinking a white underbase may work to give a solid orange.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I would try printing a white underbase first. What type of emulsion are you using? Are you adding anything to the ink (detackifier, reducer?) or just printing straight from the can? How much off-contact do you have?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hello, you can use a white underbase or print the shirts first and then spot dry it complete and hit the shirt again. LaTonya

1 - 6 of 6 Posts