T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I need some help. I am new with the idea of printing some tea towels by hand. I tried using speedball opaque fabric ink with stencils, and I got a tea towels that looks more like a rain coat. Does not absorb any water, it is just a rough touch of ink.
I want to try screen printing too, but not sure if I will get that touch, soft and get a tea towel that works. I checked so many videos of tea towels with huge prints and I am wondering if they used DTG or the fabric is just like that and they cut it and sew the tea towel, or it is actually, a print with ink.
Thanks!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
We print white or light colored tea towels with regular water based inks. These have always been soft and nice. We generally don't print large solids or use opaque inks, such as Permaset Supercover on the towels.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I use both Green Galaxy and Aerotex from Union on napkins and tea towels. I use the flour sack ones- you can get the DII brand from Amazon in lots of colours. I also found that laundering them to remove the sizing makes for a better lasting print.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts