T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Can anybody give me some advice with regards to printing on both tea towels and pillowcases? I am looking for soft feel inks? Any advice would be most grateful.

Thanks

:)

·
Registered
141 Posts
we have been making our own pillowcases out of sublimations shirts ( that were ruined) we cut out the good parts and sew them together and make sublimation pillow cases.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
What kind of advice are you looking for, specifically? If you're screenprinting, use waterbased inks. Print them like you would anything else. There's nothing to it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks solmu, yeah i was wondering what the best type of inks to use were. i want to achieve a good print with soft finish. any advice would be most appreciated.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
For such a high contact item it's absolutely no contest - definitely waterbased ink. It'll not only feel better, it'll wear better.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Apparently if you are looking for tea towels or beach size towels which have print all over then they use some kind of waterbased ink in a rotary machine. I have use this company for Personalised Towels and they give a good explanation of how this works. For smaller runs you can use screen, heat transfer but NOT sublimation since all the towels I have seen are 100% cotton and you cannot print on that using sublimation method

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
For smaller runs you can use screen, heat transfer but NOT sublimation since all the towels I have seen are 100% cotton and you cannot print on that using sublimation method
We print on hand, bath, beach and sports towels using dye-sublimation a lot - and it looks stunning! The towels are 100% cotton, but they have a 10 cm wide imprintable polyester panel. Great for anything from panoramic photos to kids designs to promotions and branding.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts