T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just printed white plastisol ink on nylon-sided soft coolers for the first time and noticed what appeared to be pink coloration from the emulsion begin to bleed into the ink. i mixed to recommended 15% or so plastisol additive into the ink before starting. could my screen be under-exposed, or is there a specific emulsion needed for this?

· Registered
167 Posts
just printed white plastisol ink on nylon-sided soft coolers for the first time and noticed what appeared to be pink coloration from the emulsion begin to bleed into the ink. i mixed to recommended 15% or so plastisol additive into the ink before starting. could my screen be under-exposed, or is there a specific emulsion needed for this?
What type of emulsion are you using, how long did you expose, did you see any peeling when you washed out the burned image? I Personally use Ryonet WBP and have not had any issues with Plastisol or waterbase for that matter.

I believe some emulsions are specific to ink type.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
used ulano qtx as i always use with printing plastisol on t-shirts. no peeling, etc. during washout. i've also previously printed hundreds of shirts with this same screen and had no issues. i'm beginning to think maybe i used a bit too much of the additive.

· Registered
2,152 Posts
Are you sure it's not a dye migration issue? I always use a low-bleed ink on nylon, just because I've heard too many stories about 'nylon' bleeding. (i.e. has polyester in it)

Wouldn't be the first time a manufacturer mislabeled their product.

Too much catalyst isn't good, but I've never heard of color changes because of it--not to say it isn't possible. I use a scale and try to hit 12% by weight. Note that if you're mixing by eye or measure, catalyst is lighter than ink--Union recommends 1:5 for regular inks, 1:4 for high opacity inks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.