T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a DK 20SP heat press, Epson WF 7510 inkjet printer and use Jetpro SS sheets at 375 heat for 30 sec.

I am having issues printing on light grey/heather grey shirts, the white sheet is coming off onto the shirt even though the sheet is suppose to be for white/light color. What am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Sound like you might be talking about the clear coat that helps seal the inks to the shirt. does it look kind of like a wet spot shaped just like the paper. Ash is one of the colors it shows the most on.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sound like you might be talking about the clear coat that helps seal the inks to the shirt. does it look kind of like a wet spot shaped just like the paper. Ash is one of the colors it shows the most on.
Yes, the remaining white trim. Also, I meant heather grey.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
you have to try to trim the extra paper off in way that will look like part of the design. kinda hard with font and details out in space. I pretty much just use it on white a natural now. unless the design is an easy trim, and use their 3G jetopaque on every thing else.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you have to try to trim the extra paper off in way that will look like part of the design. kinda hard with font and details out in space. I pretty much just use it on white a natural now. unless the design is an easy trim, and use their 3G jetopaque on every thing else.
If I use opaque then wouldn't I also still have to trim everything up close like the same thing? Is there any difference in technique when using opaque or is everything still the same except the color of the garment?

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Yes, If you do not have a print/cut machine you will need to design your graphics so you can hand cut them. with the opaque materials I try to work it into some sort of complimenting border, and put and outline (.8inches or thicker) around it, match it to the shirt color as best as I can, and then when I zip through it with an exacto it won't be bright white. If my cut waders slightly, it won't stand out like a soar thumb.

·
Registered
625 Posts
If you had a Oki with white toner and sublimation ink in your Epson ink jet printer you could then make a self weeding print for darks and light color shirts without these problems.
AL
1-908-213-2830
Automatic Transfer Inc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts