T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a customer ask me the other day if I could print on boxes.............still new to the screenprinting world but my question is what type of ink would i use to print on a box, or could i use something else other than screenprinting

· Registered
22 Posts
Some people have used plastisol, but it's not ideal. There are several other types of ink you can use depending on how durable you want the print to be. More than likely, you'll need to get a different emulsion to stand up to whatever ink you decide on using. Probably also need a vacuum table or some type of rig to hold the substrate down.

Since this is something you are still just considering, you might want to "hobby" with it for a while and go the D!ck Blick route (Screen Printing Inks - BLICK art materials) just to test out what you like. Then when you decide how severe an ink you want to use (and decide it's a process you can cope with) you can move up to a "professional-level".

But yeah. Boxes? Totally screen-printable.

· Registered
870 Posts
Waterbased inks will work fine on boxes. Also graphic inks, however they are very stinky, and dry in the screen super fast. I think waterbased inks would be your best bet. I also think highly reduced plastisol might work, and cure on the flash. Never tried it though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.