T-Shirt Forums banner

Printing on Black Dri Fit Shirts

4446 Views 3 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  ScreenFoo
What type of inks should I be using for the Dri Fit shirts?? I'm trying to figure everything out before I give an answer to a friend of mine. He's looking at 3-4 screens with teal writing outlined by white. All words. Looking at 12-15 of them. Can anyone help me with this? Pricing? Difficulty? Inks? Screens? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Low bleed ink is what you want. But watch out it cures at 300 not 320. Over curing on poly will cause bleed,aka dye migration, for sure.
Reactions: 1
Might be a little misconception here--a low bleed poly ink is definitely recommended, but the cure temp of the ink will not change the temperature at which dye will migrate--the material and dyeing process defines that. The lower cure temp of a high quality low bleed ink just lets you cure the ink at a slightly lower temperature--so you have less worry of getting to that 350+ degree point where it becomes very likely that dye migration will occur.

Personally, I love printing dri fits--they're very consistently milled, and print very nicely. Of course, they're spendy, so there's the oh-crap factor if you screw up--so just don't screw up. :)
Reactions: 1
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.