T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am having a hell of a time with printing Authentic Pigment 1976. Its dyed like tie-dye in a post process and is scorching while attempting to cure at 320. What do I do?

My customer refuses any other tank tops and NEEDS these because they have the best NEON colors in her opinion.

I have tried low cure additives, but shirts still scorch at 295 degrees verified by my laser heat gun.

My buddy says the electric heat dryer I have, Brown 3609, is direct heat. My question is, if I try to cure in a gas dryer will I be ok?

· Registered
359 Posts
Neon shirts in general scorch very easy, especially the garment dyed variety (Comfort Colors is the same way). It may be possible that the direct heat is scorching them, what you could try is setting a fan up to move the air around inside the dryer to see if that helps any, that's helped me some with this problem on CC tanks.

· Registered
2,105 Posts
Speed up the drier and then do a scratch and stretch test on the plastisol to check for cure.

I have a customer who supplies their own custom shirts which discolor terribly under heat. We whizz them through and perform random tests on the ink. No issues with ink curing so far.

· Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Speed up the drier and then do a scratch and stretch test on the plastisol to check for cure.

I have a customer who supplies their own custom shirts which discolor terribly under heat. We whizz them through and perform random tests on the ink. No issues with ink curing so far.
Yea, I'll have to get creative. I'll let you know what I figure out too.

· Registered
38 Posts
If you can raise your heat chamber and keep temp at 320-330 that should help. We had a similar problem with another pigment dye brand and that fixed our issue. The fan would also probably work as another poster mentioned. It's just a matter of getting some air circulation in there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.