T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I want to print on 90/10 cotton/polly hoodies with plastisol ink for 100% cotton. I'm worried about bleeding problems. Does anybody know if it is ok to print on 90/10 with plastisol made for 100% cotton? How about 80/20 hoodies?
Any tips for a good hoodie brands?
Thank you:)

·
Registered
861 Posts
Are you talking about white ink on a dark hoodie?

if so, you will need a low bleed poly white, or the ink will change color (dye migration)

colored ink on a light colored (white or ash) garment will have less (if any) issues.

if you are looking to do colored ink on a dark garment, just make sure you lay down a white underbase of low bleed white, then print your colors on top. if you don't, for example, orange on a black hoodie will turn brown.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guys i'm asking about 90% cotton and just 10% polly fabric. And My question was - do i need to use low bleed ink just for this 10% of polly in the fabric or not. I just want to know if 90/10 fabric should be considerate more like 50/50 cotton/polly or 100% cotton fabrics.
I printed on 50/50 hoodie with white plastisol which i'm using for my 100% cotton t-shirts. The white ink turned pink on red fabric,and grey on black fabric.
Do you think i'll have the same problem with 90/10 hoodies. Is it necessary to use low bleed inks with 90 by 10 fabrics.
I hope my question is more clear now.
Thank you !

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi, I was just wondering if you tried printing the 90/10 with a normal white. I had some diamond white but the stuff was like tar and I was unable to order reducer in time so I took it back and bought bright tiger(which I love). I have the same question that you originally posted. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Guys i'm asking about 90% cotton and just 10% polly fabric. And My question was - do i need to use low bleed ink just for this 10% of polly in the fabric or not.
Yes per n.signia

The synthetic part of the blend is what has more tendency toward dye migration whether it's 5%, 10% or 100% polyester. So a poly white is suggested.

And watch the temp and have some way to accurately measure it (not a temp gun). Polys tend to cure and flash at lower temps to lessen the likelihood of migration.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts