T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
want to know if printing on 50/50 blend shirts with union plasitol ink is the same as printing on 100% preshrunk cotton. I usually print with the gildan g500 5.3 oz preshrunk cotton with union plasitol inks. I cure with a flash dryer. Will the 50/50 blend shrink or anything. This will be my first job i take with 50/50 blend and well i dont want to end up paying out my pocket. Is there anyting i should look out for.

·
Registered
680 Posts
They won't shrink but depending on what color shirt they are, you'll get bleeding of the shirt color through your printed ink if you don't take the proper precautions. When we print on red, blue and green 50/50's, we use a super low bleed grey underbase from Wilflex to keep the ink from turning the color of the shirt. We had to replace 400 red 50/50 one time so we never use a standard low bleed white as an underbase anymore. You also need to be careful and not "over cure" or get the garment too hot or they'll bleed even more. There are a couple threads here about all the things you need to do to keep the bleeding to a minimum.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm, thanks i think im going to pass on the job of 100 shirts until i get some practice then. Thanks again ill look for some threads and learn.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have someone who wants to print 50/50 shirts using union ink mix-opake that she supplied. The color is a dark purple and the shirts she wants printed is pink and the other is a black heather. If the shirts bleed would it be very noticible even if the color of the ink is a dark pruple?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts