T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are experienced screen printers with 2 automatics. I have run into trouble printing camouflage shirts like the ports/real tree. The just WILL NOT stick to the palette. web, mist, Web and mist does not matter how much you use. The shirt sticks to the white screen twists the shirt off and you can imagine from there, it sucks. Upon discussion (yet to try) we were going to lower the flash temp, change paper, use glue adhesive and tack them. Does anybody have a tested way or an adhesive that will stick the shirts? Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Upon discussion (yet to try) we were going to lower the flash temp, change paper, use glue adhesive and tack them
Well... Pallet adhesive is not some special compound just for screen printing.
It's just low tack removable adhesive and you can buy it from the hardware store.
Having said that, most screen-printing suppliers will have a "high tack" version, which is what you need.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well... Pallet adhesive is not some special compound just for screen printing.
It's just low tack removable adhesive and you can buy it from the hardware store.
Having said that, most screen-printing suppliers will have a "high tack" version, which is what you need.
We tried the glue adhesive. I wasn't super impressed when we tried it for normal tack. I will look into high tack even though the stuff we use will hold a sweatshirt like iron. But one of these cammo shirts nothing. It will barely stick. Thanks

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
We tried the glue adhesive. I wasn't super impressed when we tried it for normal tack. I will look into high tack even though the stuff we use will hold a sweatshirt like iron. But one of these cammo shirts nothing. It will barely stick. Thanks
That's silicone coated fabric and regular adhesive will not work.
Most screen-printing suppliers will have a high tack adhesive designed specifically for these fabrics.
Again, you can buy it from a hardware store... just ask for one that sticks to silicone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts