T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi...first time poster. It seems the more I read, the more questions I have :). I've been doing sort of DIY graphics for a few years now. Mainly promotional web and print designs for punk and alternative bands. The extent of my t shirt "printing" has been using a Sharpie on white shirts, spray painted stencils and some Avery iron on type stuff.

I'm looking for start up advice on a t shirt printing method for generally no more than 20 shirt runs, 3 color designs on both black and white shirts. My designs are sometimes involved, so I'd rather not be hand trimming or cutting the designs.

I'd like to keep the initial equipment investment at around 2K (printer, press, etc.).

Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
It sounds like for what you are wanting to do, plasitol transfers would probably work great for you. You can order the transfers and then would only need a heat press to apply them as needed. The reason I suggest this is that you want to do dark shirts also, and there does not seem to be a great dark shirt type transfer for doing it yourself. If you were just doing light color shirts, I would suggest using a product like Jet pro soft stretch transfer paper, as it seems alot of others have had success with it, for it being a heat transfer paper and all, but there really isnt a great dark shirt transfer paper available that would not have to be trimmed. I would do more research in the plasitol transfers and read up on them. They are screen printed transfers that you can use on light or dark shirts.

Hope this helps :)

Reactions: robdeth

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The best bet would be to ask the vendors. Most would probably see it as just a job.
I was editing the second half of my post to put in another thread and I think I inadvertently jacked up your reply.

I had asked (in general) if plastisol transfer suppliers had any sort of content restrictions. I think prometheus was kindly responding to that portion of my post.

Thanks dude.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts