T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have recently purchased a used HM-1 and although it took me a while to get it up and running, I have now received my first order for 500 shirts... The gentleman that placed the order is ordering for an automotive dealership. He wants to know if I can do license plate frames. I told him I would look into it because I figured if coffee mugs and golf balls can be done on the HM-1, why not license plate frames?

So I guess my question is, does anyone know how I would do this? Is there a platen for printing on a license plate frame? Or is it a matter of lining it up in the right place on my shirt platen and aligning my graphic appropriately?

Thanks in advance,
John

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey,

I guess nobody has any idea on how to print license plate frames? Or where to get them done at?

Thanks,
John

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
John,

The problem with printing on to hard substrates using your dtg inks is that they don't last very well when exposed to weather elements. The inks will last much longer on clothing because there are binders in the ink that lock to the fibers of natural fabrics. With the golf balls, they are ornamental decoration. You will not be able to use them and keep the print on them. I also don't recommend printing on mugs with dtg inks either for the same reasons.

I would recommend you look at either sublimation or possibly pad printing for the license plates. There are companies that you can outsource the sublimation work to that post in the Sublimation board on this forum.

Hope that gets you pointed in the right direction.

Mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts