T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I am new here and I need some advice. This will be a side t-shirt business as my primary is embroidery & promo products. I will be contracting the printing out. As part of my decorated t-shirt inventory I am considering doing imprints on t's of a friends scenery photos. The photo's are beautiful. My question is: what is the best method for reproducing a photo of say a lake with a beautiful sunset (lots of colours) sort of thing? I am not sure that screen printing will be vivid/exact enough. Of course I want it to look good or there is no point in doing it, right. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Sublimation would be the most photorealistic, but that requires white polyester garments. Process or simulated process screen printing can look great, and is durable, but may be too expensive per unit, as you probably aren't planning on printing that many of these, and every color adds to the setup cost. But if your print quantity is high enough, then the cost is reasonable.

DTG is an option, but cost per unit isn't that good, and print quality can be an issue.

A JPSS pigment inkjet print on a white shirt can look very nice and have reasonable durability.

Best option depends on the quantity and whether polyester is acceptable.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sublimation would be the most photorealistic, but that requires white polyester garments. Process or simulated process screen printing can look great, and is durable, but may be too expensive per unit, as you probably aren't planning on printing that many of these, and every color adds to the setup cost. But if your print quantity is high enough, then the cost is reasonable.

DTG is an option, but cost per unit isn't that good, and print quality can be an issue.

A JPSS pigment inkjet print on a white shirt can look very nice and have reasonable durability.

Best option depends on the quantity and whether polyester is acceptable.
thanks, I really appreciate all the info.

·
Registered
17 Posts
yeah i agree with NoXid- a 4colour CMYK screen print onto white (light-coloured) shirts would be a pretty accurate method to capture the vividness of those images. it's a high work load for a single garment though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts