T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been screen printing for a few months and everything is doing well. I wanted to to start printing some koozies. I have a pocket attachment so that is covered. I would like to know if I could use the same ink that I have been to print shirts and where is a good place to get some koozies without having to order 100 of them. Thanks for the help in advance.

Lee

·
Registered
3 Posts
Plastisol on Koozies?

I realize this thread is a little dated but here goes...

Will Plastisol with a puff additive adhere sufficiently to the Koozies?
I was thinking an additive like Nylobond might be necessary since koozies are fabric laminated with nylon. Also, from y'all's experience, do you recommend using the puff additive versus using an underlay? Or does that matter on the color of the nylon?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
833 Posts
They are actually polyester laminated to foam, and yes plain plastisol sticks just fine, if you don't use poly inks you may have a bleeding issue on some colors as well

·
Registered
17 Posts
We pay about 69 cents for koozies printed in 3 locations. I think 100 or 150 is the minimum. I don't think I would want to mess with them at that price.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the quick responses, guys. I have 3mm neoprene that is laminated with nylon. it is the same fabric that is used for most collapsible coozies, croakies, and also wetsuits. I was just wondering if anyone had any experience printing on this fabric. I guess I'll just buy some additive and see what happens. Thanks anyway!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts