T-Shirt Forums banner

Printing in actual size when larger than A4

6K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Ross B 
#1 ·
I want to print out a design I've got in Illustrator in vector form that is A3 size - twice as large in actual size as my printer will print. I'm sure there must be a way to print the design in two parts using my printer, so I could then tape the two pages together and see the design in actual size. Does anyone know how I can do this, please? (At the moment, the printer seems to adjust the image down proportionally so it can fit it all on a normal A4 page).

Cheers

#3 ·
what you want to do is page tiling. set your document size to A3. now go into your print dialog box. in "general" set your page size to letter (or whatever size you want to print to). then on the left, go to "setup" and where is says "tiling" and pull down to "tile imageable areas". this should divide the image into 4 equal letter size pages.

i've only had to do this a few times, and my memory is a little fuzzy, but i think this will work. good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.