T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Im currently exploring methods of printing and am wanting to know how to perform prints with opacity/semi transparent, where you can see the print (which is faded) but also the garment colour through it.

Any help would be great, Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My knowledge isn't vast on this topic so i now nothing about RIP software or what it is,

i should have mentioned I'm not the printer I'm the designer trying to portray/ find someone to print this way form me. I was just wondering how they did it, if special printing methods are used or if i need to set up a document any special way?

thanks

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I'm not familiar with dtg due to the expense but you can definitely change the opacity. I have a program that allows adjustments with a slide bar. I use gimp but I've never had a need for adjustable opacity. Only full transparency for png format. There must be a way to do it in a good program. Good luck!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using T-Shirt Forums

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
It they have RIP hat can handle it then simple transparency fade will do.

But only couple of top quality RIP will do it properly. Esspecialy on colored but non black shirts (black background is ussualy easier)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.