T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a graphic design / print shop in business for 5+ years supplying just about a bit of everything. I've done some basic t-shirt work using a wholesale sceen printer nearby with good results. I know a small bit about the T-shirt industry - though enough to be dangerous :D

But, I have a new order/client who needs Infant and Toddler clothing (onzees, crawlers, bibs, etc.) This is a first for me and we're ready to go to press but my Screen Printer told me he can't do them cuz he doesn't carry the proper inks that are legally required to print for infants and children. (He also said his presses aren't setup to handle such small items) Was throwing out even fines and legal issues that could arrise if busted.

So what gives with this? (the ink legalities, that is.)

And with that said, I'll be looking for a printer who can possibly help. Our first order is about 200 pieces, and i'm looking for decent rates (wholesale?) as i'm the middle guy here. I'm in SoCal so anyone in this neck of the woods would be ideal to help on turnaround time and shipping costs. This is my first post here on the forums so not sure if i'm in the right arena. Looks like a great set of forums!

Thanks!

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks basilietto. Though, i'm not as concerned with specifics and brands (I don't actually print, so you'd probably speaking foreign to me. I design and supply the clothing and then sub-contract the print out to others.)

I'm more looking for what the deal is with the rules with infant clothing.

And more importantly, a supplier / Screen printer that can/will print my goods. Anyone in the Southwest want some biz?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.