T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i just wonder if any trade print flip flops in a brother 541 i build mine own platter for the flip flops so can fit in the machine because the original platter is too high for the flip flop and any ways i make mine it cost me $10 dollars well i make the template for the flip flop also with no problem, but here cames the question how can i cure the print because i trade different temp and for different time in the heat press and still when i rub the sandle you see the ink rubbing all over in the sides i will post a pictures.
Thanks Robert.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
this is the picture from the flip flops.
Well i trade let 2 days dry and heat press for 290 f degrees for 50 seconds and when i rubber with me finger still came off the print so any sugestions let me know. I will trade see if i can put coat of liquid laminator and let dry see what happen.
Robert.

Attachments

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I buy the flip flops from a company that sales for wholesale flip-flips but is not the company that u said.
Is this solutions is the same that Mark he was talk about in diferent thread for poly? well i will like see if that work in the flip flops.
And that is the only company that sales that solution? for how much? THanks.
Robert.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello guys i will like to sale it.
But just like i pm you , im still making test about the hold ink in the surface because when i rubb the flip flop de ink dosent hold and since is the first time that i make those i don't like sale them into i got better result to people can wear it with out the ink get all over the flip flop.
But i know is been other guys that they did in this forum sublymation Flip flops but i dont know how much will the sale it. You can search in different thread and you will find it.
Sorry for the inconvenience but i will keep post about new results.Thanks
Robert.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well i know they are printable but i forget ask what cain metod will be using because they not poliester like the conde flip flops, this are like foam flip flops and since you mention the pretreament.
Is this just work in cotton/poli and 100%poli and what other material can be using because i want order see if they will work in this cain flip flops even they not poliester? how much is the solution cost?
Robert.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Well i know they are printable but i forget ask what cain metod will be using because they not poliester like the conde flip flops, this are like foam flip flops and since you mention the pretreament.
Is this just work in cotton/poli and 100%poli and what other material can be using because i want order see if they will work in this cain flip flops even they not poliester? how much is the solution cost?
Robert.
If the top material is not polyester, then the pretreatment will not help. You should check out the website and ask DAGuide what the price for the pretreatment is or if there is a distributor closer to you.

We have the sublimation flip flops and they have a polyester top which allows printing. The same is true for blank neoprene items we have been testing.

We do not sell or distribute the pretreatment, we just use it in place of sublimation so that we don't have to maintain two sets of ink or two print methods.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So then your flip flops are like CONDE company? and are they the same price then what they are asking because that is high price for a pair of flip flops what they want.
Even if you order 1000 of them they still spensive.Thanks
Robert.

·
Registered
424 Posts
We purchase our sublimation blanks from Conde. Yes they are expensive and we do not sell the flip flops in our market except by special order. We did purchase a few sets to test the print and ink adhesion though since if we can find a lower cost supplier or Conde reduces the price, it might be a decent seller in our area.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
O by they way the material that this flip flops are made in the top they said is a smooth insole suitable for printing, i dont know what they mean printable with what ?sublimation or screen printing problably because im sure is not garment printing but i will talk to the person tomorrow.
Robert.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think they are nice flip flops for CONDE dont take me wrong, but i will do some research see if i can find a desent price. And once i find i will buy also the solution for print in poliester.

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
Robert.
The pretreat fluid is designed for fabric - 100% polyester, blends and 100% cotton fabric. I also know people that have printed on blends with spandex. I always encourage people to do some testing to see how it turns out before you go into production.

I am not ruling out the foam flip flops, but here would be the items I would want to rule out:
1. What is the temperature that the flop flops can handle? You need to get to a certain temperature in order to activate the binders in dtg inks.
2. What is the durability of the print? Where I live (FL), we abuse flip flops. The prints need to last longer than a couple of useages. Sublimation ink will actually go into the top layer, whereas dtg inks will probably try to bind to the top of them. You also probably don't want the ink sticking to the bottom of someone's feet either.
3. What is the feel of the print on top of the flip flop? You probably do not want a rough feel or too slipperly.

Most of the flip flops that I have seen and wore are most likely printed using an air dry, screen printed ink with a strong adhesive. Ultimately, being able to do a one-off print on cheap flip flops could be a great money maker. But you are going to have to do some testing.

The DTG Pretreat fluid (www.dtgpretreat.com) is sold for $50.50 for a 2-liter bottle.

Hope this answers all of your questions.

Mark

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the info Mark. That is why i want to make lot different test with different solutions or adesive to see what can be the best result.
One more question where is the website where i can buy your solution for poli blends.
Robert.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
this is the company who i buy me flip flops.
You will shock when see the price compare to others sales, since people dont want spend to much in this days.
Seagull International:Find wholesale hats, umbrellas, raingear, bags
plus they got more stuff that you can print.
The price in there for the flip flops will change once you give the info for your company.
72 pairs for like $51 dollars amazing right?
Robert.:D

·
Registered
53 Posts
Also, an ink receptive coating might work but I don't know if it's durable enough to use on a flip flop. An IRC will allow you to print on many alternative surfaces. I have limited experience with IRC's.
Cheers,
Ron

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What Type of IRC is the one that you are using? ii gona trade the poliester from Mark see if may work.
Robert.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts