T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

How do I print graphics on to tees? For example a coloured drawing? What equipment do I need? I am in the process of getting a vinyl cutter and heat press machine to do slogan tees etc through silhouette, however if I wanted to print coloured drawings on tees how would I do this?

Do I need a separate machine? Or do I print the picture on vinly (somehow?) and then heat press it?

Any help would be appreciated thank you.

· Registered
1,690 Posts
Sublimation would be the best, but is limited to 100% polyester white, or very light coloured shirts.

For dark shirts ou can sublimate onto special transfer paper, such as Jet-Opaque, but the feel ('the hand') is akin to vinyl, and washability is a concern.

By 'coloured drawings' do you mean block colours or shaded drawings with gradients?

· Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Hi all,

How do I print graphics on to tees? For example a coloured drawing? What equipment do I need? I am in the process of getting a vinyl cutter and heat press machine to do slogan tees etc through silhouette, however if I wanted to print coloured drawings on tees how would I do this?

Do I need a separate machine? Or do I print the picture on vinly (somehow?) and then heat press it?

Any help would be appreciated thank you.
A couple of questions. is this a one off print of multiple prints ? Are you wanting the " Coloring Book " look and colors?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.