T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched some of the threads pertaining to "Discharge under 4 color process".
Here's the question......using a good black Bayside or Bella/Canvas American made shirt, has anyone discharged first, then 4-color processed on top? (plastisol)

If so, did you flash off the discharge before 4 color processing, or print right over the base discharge?

And when curing, what temp/time did you use for curing?

We've tried white underbase, but the finished product didn't come out that great.

We've done one or the other, but not together.

· Registered
2,942 Posts
I don't know that you have to flash the discharge, but it won't hurt. As for final curing you should use the temp and dwell recommendations for the discharge. They generally are around 320 or so for 90 seconds or more, which is more than enough to cure the plastisol.

· Registered
2,942 Posts
Since most of my stuff is on colors, I have to under base just about everything so my flash is on almost every time I print anyway.

You mentioned printing on a white under base. Using QuikSeps for process color printing it's recommended to use the generated white under base - even on white shirts - to better control the image. The under base is created specifically for process colors, and generally works well. I have had my best results printing process color over a white under base on dark shirts by punching up the under base channel using the "apply image" function in Photoshop, then using Union Ink's triple-strength process colors.

· Registered
2,942 Posts
The Belhaven shirt art was scanned from a label. I had to blur the photo part a bit to eliminate the existing halftone, so that part is a little soft. The rest I repaired open areas and reset the smaller type across the bottom.

The crown art was some clip art online that a BK Franchisee wanted on about 30 shirts for a contest they were entering. They wanted as much color as possible but had a budget they had to stay within. I had enough lead time so I could try using the 3X process colors and if it didn't look good, I could go back to spot process.
Most of the shirts were black. They were all darker colors. This aqua shirt was an extra I had laying around so I struck off this sample for myself.

Attachments

· Registered
3,506 Posts
I've searched some of the threads pertaining to "Discharge under 4 color process".
Here's the question......using a good black Bayside or Bella/Canvas American made shirt, has anyone discharged first, then 4-color processed on top? (plastisol)

If so, did you flash off the discharge before 4 color processing, or print right over the base discharge?

And when curing, what temp/time did you use for curing?

We've tried white underbase, but the finished product didn't come out that great.

We've done one or the other, but not together.
if you're doing a discharge underbase then plastisol then flash the discharge first since the cure time is different. you'll want the discharge to 'turn' before moving on to the plastisol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.