T-Shirt Forums banner

Printhead Belt

[Sawgrass DirectAdvantage] 
5K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  DTGPRINTERPARTS 
#1 ·
Well I finally have my first problem with this ole sawgrass. You know this never happens on a small run and I'm hoping that just by looking for help that like calling the mechanic it will fix it'self. Got 300 T's to do. So I'm printing, listening to music and as u know it will occasionally do it's little clean thing between shirts and continues on. Nope not this time. It threw the usual Service 1000 thing and I shut it off and back on again. I let it go thru it's start up, height adjustment then "sometimes" it will let me print but it needs a head clean. So when I go thru DA Q it goes to move the head and makes this horrible noise. After watching it several time and cringing I have narrowed it down to the belt that moves the head. It's like it's slipping a cog or what appears to me is it's trying to move "farther" to the right if your standing in front of the thing. Well it can't go right anymore than it is. But that's what it is acting like. I've released the head and it moves easy back and forth. I'd almost say it has lost it location but sometimes after the reboot I can just try and print and it's laying down the image in the right place. But it seriously needs a head clean. Got any ideas? I've never removed the cover off this thing so I might need some info on that too. Thanks as always, Wyo Carol

#2 ·
Re: Printhead Belt/ CR Motor

Well I've done some calling and have found out that my 0001001D error code is the CR Motor. Hopefully someone in Wyoming can come fix this thing. I'm open for suggestions still tho

#3 ·
Re: Printhead Belt/ CR Motor

Well I've done some calling and have found out that my 0001001D error code is the CR Motor. Hopefully someone in Wyoming can come fix this thing. I'm open for suggestions still tho
While waiting 4.5 hours of waiting for Sawgrass to call in the meantime I talked to a lady at Epson Central. It was confirmed that it was an Epson issue but not a Sawgrass issue. So finding someone close was about 450 miles away. But she gave me a number to a guy named Anthony. She said this guy knows his stuff and I bet he can help u fix it over the phone??? So I called. Anthony asked me a few questions and says "do u use Skype?" I told him I was thinking about it. He said this will be a much easier fix if u download it. So I did and yes folks 10 minutes on Skype and he showed me what to do and this thing is printing again. No where in my little book nor the sawgrass website does it tell me how to clean much less TO clean that scotch tape looking ribbon that the head travels on called an "Encoder Strip" I've heard u guys talk about it but I couldn't find it in my book.. So after 5 years it finally needed cleaning. It will now be part of my monthly routine.

#6 ·
If you have had the printer for 5 years now you should replace the encoder strip with a new one anyway as preventive maintenance. You should also replace the capping assembly with a new one if it's still the original one. It is a wear part and also should be changed as part of a preventive maintenance program.

_

#8 ·
Yeaaaa, If you haven't met him yet my Knight in Armor Anthony aka DTGPRINTERPARTS!!!! He saved more than my azz. Actually gave me some confidence to over come this thing. Again I am blessed that we connected.
@kevrokr- I too am going to take your advice and order the encoder and some other things. Sometimes when you have them you don't need to replace them or at least that's how it was when I owned my dragster.
@AKA Anthony: Talked to my partner in crime and we will order several things. Were waiting on the customer who's job we just finished (with ur help) to pick up the finished products. We may do some experimenting based on if she is interested in trying some things out. They own a big golf course here and I may be printing more than T's. I'll know more later today. Probably talk to you Tuesday the 2nd.
@anyone, has anyone printed on golf balls?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.