T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy fellow tshirt lovers.... I'm just wondering if anyone has had any success integrating printfection tees into a Wordpress blog relatively seamlessly.

The only I can currently see this working, is to set up an ecommerce store using a Wordpress ecommerce plugin, receiving the cash using the ecommerce store payment gateway, and then making the order on behalf of the purchaser through Printfection.

This is definitely not ideal!! Has anyone had any luck integrating the Prinfection shopping cart into Wordpress?

· Premium Member
51,818 Posts

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Jake,

I'm curious too about the wordpress/printfection possibilities. Were you able to integrate the store into your wordpress page? Thx
I haven't found a way of automating it yet mate...I just had to do it manually with a third party ecommerce plugin for Wordpress, and then I go into printfection and make the purchases manually.

You can see it in action on my site froffn.com

· Registered
31 Posts
Thanks Jake for showing me your site.

I'm thinking I will take a similar approach. I see your based in Aussie and so I'm curious....how are the rates for these tshirts when sold overseas? My market would be a mix between USA and W.Europe and was wondering if you had some experiences/comments on getting to the Euro market or at least outside the States. Thanks

· Registered
1 Posts
So far the only simple solution I've found is to write blogs/content about your product, and have the buy now button or more info button link over to the PF version of the site. I've also sprinkled several internal ads (My main site is a blog - so lots of content pages) throughout the site that link to the PF store.

I'm hesitant to post a link to a sample page being such a new forum member.

--

Kyle

· Registered
66 Posts
Hey guys,

I am using printfection as well. And I too thought i'd originally just have people pay me and I'd pay printfection.

After sitting down with Casey (Printfection CEO). There were two issues we foresaw with this scenario.

1. If you purchase through ActiveState then the time it takes me to order on printfection could be quick or 24 hours. Basically wether it's 5 minutes or 24 hours it's still adding more time from purchase to received.
2. If a customer orders a shirt, doesn't like it and needs a refund or exchange, I gotta deal with the transactions. If they bought directly through printfection then they deal directly with them and leaves my customers and me happy.

Those were the 2 biggest reasons. I'm still setting up shop but you can check out my setup here: www.activestatedesigns.com. Click a shirt then click buy now and it will send you to printfection.com/activestate. Then you specify options and add to the cart. Make sense? I found this to be the best setup until hopefully I can get enough revenue to have bulk and inventory and switch to screen printing. Until then I need to focus on marketing and growing my client base. And oh yea focus on my day job! :)

HTH,
Lorne

· Registered
15 Posts
@ActiveState, can you help me know how you did it for your site or any reference or resource, it will be quite helpful.
Obviously, ActiveState's setup initiated an API call to the PrintFection Simple Checkout Process. This call bypassed the API cart thus sending his clients directly to the FP Product Detail page where user selects the color, size, style etc. and continue to checkout.

· Registered
66 Posts
Hello Shettytushar,

slkmclaren is correct, my website: State Inspired T-Shirt Designs | ActiveState Designs is my own site that is built through wordpress using an ecommerce template that I then redesigned the css and layout completely. I then have the dropdown on individual product pages that the user can select the style of apparel, then click buy now. As soon as the buy now option is selected it goes to ActiveState Designs - Printfection.com. That i have edited the html and css through printfection account to look and feel the same as my site, so the user doesn't necessarily notice when they leave my site. The menu and footer in printefection are all links back to my website. So the integration is as seamless as possible for now.

Hopefully I can get it even more seamless in the future.

Hope that helps, feel free to ask any other questions or give suggestions for the design.

Thanks,
Lorne

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.