T-Shirt Forums banner

Printer won't print. 2 solid red lights.

[MOD-1 DTG] 
4K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  JeridHill 
#1 ·
Has this ever happened to any of you MOD owners before? Is it the ink chip board? I've read something similar but I aint sure about it.

The printer has two solid red lights on. The first light left to the green light and the second light right from the green light. It doesn't print. And it accumulates liquid (ink or flushing solution) in the capping station because the printer dwon't suck whatever is in there like it usually does. Even when I do a wiper clean and then click OK again then the print head just moves back to the capping station but it doesn't suck any thing into the waste bottle like it always does when I do a wiper clean. If I hit the green button once for a head cleaning then the print head just moves to the left a little and stays there till a hit the green button again and that is when it moves back to the capping station.

#2 ·
Marcelo,

If the light is solid red after you hit the green button on the top of the machine to move the head off the capping station then again to move it back on, then the chip most likely went bad. There's not much else you can do except to replace the chip.

The reason it won't do a head clean is because the system believes there is no ink there and won't allow an action that uses ink.

If I'm not mistaken, you have our newer chip board. Look in the back of the printing unit (X) with the cover off and look to the right. See if you have a green board with square chips about an inch each in size, there would be 8 of them.

Give me a call and I can connect to your computer to see what is happening.

#3 ·
No, I don't have the new ink chip board. I am waiting Kevin to send me along with the platten that is coming. I also thought i had the new chip board but I don't. Anyways I will have to wait it gets here and then I will need some directions on how to install it.

#7 ·
How does the MOD-1 ink chips work? Do they reset or are they chips like the DTG HM-1s etc? OR how does that work? I have had some issues with my HM-1 ink chips and they wont reset and have been running out too fast to afford so something just isn't right? I am trying to find a way to bypass the DTG ink chip system.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.