T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a printer that has done a clothing line? We are starting an urbanwear clothing line and are looking for a printer experienced in this area.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
mit, you can post a FREE classified ad on the Board.

for t-shirts, I would recommend making Plastisol Transfers as the best start up cost alternative. Of couse this depends on the Designs/Artwork and the finished product you want.

With custom plastisol screen printed transfers you will be able to introduce a wide variety of designd/shirts, make samples for your store, reps and one of a kind promo stuff to give to peeps that can further expose your stuff...... and print the shirts (fill orders) as Purchase Orders (PO's) come in.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm thinking that one experienced in the area would be better equipped to offer advice, etc? Is that not a correct assumption? We are novices and thought an experienced printer would be able to shed light on issues we are not aware of (yet).

·
Premium Member
2,957 Posts
I would say an experienced printer would be great, but not necessarily one that has done a clothing line.

I am building a clothing line now (full line with hoodies, caps, jerseys, t-shirts).

My printer has never done any work for a clothing line, but they are very experienced.

We have great communication, and they don't have problem with my print locations, or anything of this sort.

I think a good experienced printer that focuses on customer satisfaction and quality is what you need.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
mit said:
I'm thinking that one experienced in the area would be better equipped to offer advice, etc? Is that not a correct assumption? We are novices and thought an experienced printer would be able to shed light on issues we are not aware of (yet).
oh, forgot to tell you you need 15 posts to qualify for the Free Ad. :eek: you're almost there.

But yes, professional printers can be your entry door to the biz. Most pro printers work with Bands day in and day out. They woud also make sure you are doing it the "right way" because it is in their best interest to produce equally quality goods as they do for Major Brands.

I guess the question is how much does your start up budget allow you to spend ?

They (transfer makers) too can help you out with this (budget restrictions) since a lot of times little simple things like when your design is 1/4" too big, by reducing the design size by 1/4" it could save as much as 50% $$$$ for your design order.

Goin the plastisol transfers root (if the designs permit), this would reduce your startup cost by 25%, comparing to printing up the shirts and storing them as done with direct to shirt screen printing.

Starting with t-shirt, tops etc is cool. You can always expand from there.

Plastisol Transfers will also allow you to print up a Jean Jacket for yourself to wear and show off your designs. :D show off i mean it in a good way, promote is the word I should of used. :)

Keep the questions coming.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Can you give me the 'plastisol transfers for dummies' version of what it actually is? I've read different threads and not sure I understand what it actually is. From what I read, my understanding (in summary) is that plastisol transfers can be custom made and transferred to the garmet by heat transfer. In other words, if I have a heat press, I could order the custom plastisol transfers and transfer to the garmet myself?

Remember I'm a newbie in this field, so forgive me if my questions reflect that.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
mit said:
Can you give me the 'plastisol transfers for dummies' version of what it actually is?

my understanding (in summary) is that plastisol transfers can be custom made and transferred to the garmet by heat transfer. In other words, if I have a heat press, I could order the custom plastisol transfers and transfer to the garmet myself?
well you're asking the rigth questions. :D

yes you are correct.
Plastisol transfers are screen printed on to release paper (transfer paper) for future application. They are the same quality inks as Screen Printing on t-shirts directly.

By pressing them yourself its easy and you can save a $ 1 or more with every shirt you press/print. :) ...and you can try different printing layouts on the shirts with the same design to test market, samples, experiments or to sell.

I will go look around for some photos and post them here.... plastisol trans, printed and with a quality stretch test. So that you can see what they look like. :D

mean while any other questions keep it coming, there are a lot of brilliant members here.

·
Premium Member
27,689 Posts
Can anyone recommend a printer that has done a clothing line?
Since many of our members are printers and we stay away from self promotion in the forum threads, "recommendation" posts are usually referred to http://boards.screenprinters.net (where you can post a classified ad requesting bids) or once you have 15 posts here, you can post a classified ad "SERVICE REQUEST" so members here can give you a quote based on your needs.

As Greg (cominoutswinging) mentioned, you can use most experienced screen printers to get what you need. Some of those can be found in your local yellowpages or in a google search for screen printing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.