T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm back trying to make a t-shirt and am really starting to think I'm Ziggy or something. I'm using an Epson C88 and maybe I did something wrong when I set it up - but it just keeps eating the transfers. It will take the paper, start printing then at a certain point I can hear it start to jam, when I pull it out the printed area looks like a fan. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Di

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Hi Di, yeah, welcome to epson printer land. What paper are you using? I know the plastic wheels really like to glide over the transfers chemicals compound. I use Iron All and it is a problem. epson feed system suck. And I am a former Epson demo rep. I did over 150 transfers this week and this morning I was making one transfer for a friend and, yep, you guessed it. It ate my transfer. Be especially careful how you remove the papers as they will screw up your print heads. If you paper has any curl to it kind of bend it back, that helps.If you get a transfer through the printer and it jams up it will leave residue on the little black rollers and that will cause a jam. Just keep at it. When you learn all the secrets you will be ok again. Lou

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Lou, I think you hit the nail on the head...I did have previous jams & basically just pulled the transfer out. I didn't clean it or anything before trying again, maybe I should? I am using Iron All and being as green as I am, I may even be printing on the wrong side which may be adding to my problems. I could feel what seemed like a coated side so I thought I should print on it - is that correct? Thanks much for your help!

Di

1 - 3 of 3 Posts