T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of buying the Flex Jet L can anyone tell if they have experience running them in production and what kind of problems they had?
What the support is like are they fast or slow?
Is anyone using them in the LA/Orange county area?

·
Banned
877 Posts
I have sent you a PM about my FlexiJet "L" , the first "L" model delivered back in May of 2006.
Dan
"HAPPY PRINTING"

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
SFG2010 - if you check these forums, and other forums, you will find that MANY Flexi-Jet L owners (I dare say, MOST) have gotten rid of their "L" model printers..... It was a good concept printer, but most people had a lot of trouble getting it to continue to operate properly for long periods of time, and there were a lot of things that needed more attention from the Belquette guys; additionally, at the time, the petty rivalry between the manufacturer and the master distributor prevented most of us from getting decent service.

In recent years, there may have been improvements made to the platform; I cannot speak to this, as I owned the 2nd Flexi-Jet L printer ever made. However, I tried calling all of my old Flexi-pals the other day, trying to find someone who might have a left over chip resetter - almost EVERYONE who I had originally lead into a Flexi purchase has long since sold their printer at a huge reduction - if I recall correctly, I ended up selling MY L model for less than half of what I paid for it.

If you are looking for a good printer, I would recommend checking out the newer model Belquette machine - the Mod1. Belquette has done a great job of implementing many of the nice improvements that would have been GREAT on the Flexi, so many years ago!

·
Banned
877 Posts
When you call and ask them about ask about the Mod printers ask them about the NEW Flex-Jet "L"'s that they have for there sale along with the improvements that they have made on those 17" wide printers.
Dan
"HAPPY PRINTING"

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I called them and they acknowledeged some problems in the past but claimed they have been solved in Regards to the L model

·
Banned
877 Posts
New as in "Old Stock" :confused: That is unless BelQuette has sold them all ?
Dan
"HAPPY PRINTING"

·
Banned
877 Posts
NEW Old stock ;) Epson 4800's which is even better :)
Dan
"HAPPY PRINTING"

·
Banned
877 Posts
The NEW Old stock were the Epson 4800's the Flexi-Jet 2 (When implemented) will use the Epson 4880.
Dan
"HAPPY PRINTING"

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Mod 1 is not bulk ink so I would be saddled with expensive cartidges and no ink options to save money. I think I am going tyo go with the Free jet 320 because i will have local support and I have not heard anything bad back and unfortunately nothing positive either.

·
Premium Member
4,202 Posts
The Mod 1 is not bulk ink so I would be saddled with expensive cartidges and no ink options to save money.
Actually this is not an accurate statement. First off, we sell our ink in bags, not cartridges. The bags sell for $280 per liter. Not the most and not the least, but as many people can attest to the nature of our ink system, it will solve a lot of print head problems. We have customers who were changing print heads every 2 months and were able to keep their print heads for over 10 months and still going strong. So even though our cost of ink may not be the "cheapest", it's a top quality ink handled in the right way. Less clogging means less money wasted on head flushes, etc.

So in the end, you are actually saving money....

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It not a bulk fed ink system. I have been using the dupount ink for aproximately 5 years and have not had any problems with print heads lasting 6 to 10 months on the average. I pay 189 per liter there is no way i would save money with your system but you would make a fortune on the ink and i would be liuck to make anything.

·
Premium Member
4,202 Posts
It not a bulk fed ink system. I have been using the dupount ink for aproximately 5 years and have not had any problems with print heads lasting 6 to 10 months on the average. I pay 189 per liter there is no way i would save money with your system but you would make a fortune on the ink and i would be liuck to make anything.
It depends on what system you have as to the longevity of your head.

At $280 per liter, I can guarantee you, we are not "making a fortune" on ink. Yes, there is money in consumables, but that is the nature of every business that has ongoing sales. Epson sells their ink for 13" systems at over $1100 - $1200 per liter, I think we know who is "making a fortune" on ink. ;)

That being said, our ink system has been proving itself time and time again in the field and more people are productive and no longer afraid to turn on their Epson based systems.

I'm glad you are not having problems with your machines, I can only say, the people we help were.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts