T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a blazer pro that pauses in the index position before each print pass. After pressing the start buttons, the printer moves to the index position, but does not trip the sensor to start the print pass. The printer "bounces" off of index, moves back as expected, but does not slide forward enough to trip the sensor. The "flag" stops just next to the sensor, about 2-3mm from where it needs to stop in order to trip the sensor. We can manually move the printer towards index to start the print pass.

I have tried greasing the rails, have ensured the rails are loose, adjusted the belt tension, moved the sensor, but none of these measures have fixed the issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Do you notice any binding to the printer? That sensor is what tells the printer to stop on the index and start up. If it stops before it hits the sensor then you could have a binding problem. Check the bracket that holds the drive shaft on the index position. It should be parallel to the frame. If it is not then that could be what is causing the bind. To adjust it you need to have the printer in the index position, loosen the three screws holding it in place, and work it into position.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does trip the sensor when it first goes to index. So it is not as if it never reaches the sensor. Once it trips the sensor the first time it backs up towards home and then moves slightly back towards the sensor, but stops just short of tripping it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Billy, I should also mention that I did check if the bracket you referred to and it is flush or as you said parallel with the frame.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
It does trip the sensor when it first goes to index. So it is not as if it never reaches the sensor. Once it trips the sensor the first time it backs up towards home and then moves slightly back towards the sensor, but stops just short of tripping it.
Sounds like your printer may be moving to fast. This may be causing the printer to stop in the wrong position. Do you know where the slew rate on the DC board is located? You can adjust the speed with it. You can also adjust the flag but this may change the starting position when printing.

·
Registered
359 Posts
It's definitely pretty common in direct to garment printing if your rip is incomplete. Sometimes we try to rush along our DTG print on demand shirt fulfillment business to increase capacity. Alas...the dreaded rip!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey Billy, Remember all the issues we had with the worm drive bracket assembly and the bearing slipping out of place causing the problem he is describing. It would trip the sensor, move back and creep forward, only it would stop just before tripping the sensor again and the printer would just sit there waiting until you physically nudge it. I think it has more to do with the adjustments on the worm drive assembly then the slew rate. I asked the guys at the time why it was so sensitive and never did get a good answer.
Evan, I would loosen the bracket bolts at both ends of the worm drive and hit the home button to drive the head assembly back and then index to bring it forward. Maybe three or four times and then when it is in the home position tighten the rear bracket bolts and then run it all the way forward and tighten the forward bracket bolts. I remember you had moved the fin before and the sensor before when we were trying to fix this awhile ago and that might also be a factor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts