T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

When printing onto different heat transfer papers, which paper "types" do you select? Is there a list or reference out there somewhere? For example, do I select matte, glossy, generic white, etc? What about for opaque paper versus lights?

For starters, I'm going to use the JPSS for light colors and the Jet Dark for dark colors. I wasn't sure which type of paper to choose when printing.

Thanks!

·
Registered
721 Posts
I generally choose a "Normal" setting, so that the printer renders 300dpi ink. If you choose, for example, a "Best" setting, the printer will render 600dpi ink, which is too much.

It may depend on your printer, but as a rule of thumb, if there is no setting for transfer paper, I would use the regular paper setting.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hi all,

When printing onto different heat transfer papers, which paper "types" do you select? Is there a list or reference out there somewhere? For example, do I select matte, glossy, generic white, etc? What about for opaque paper versus lights?

For starters, I'm going to use the JPSS for light colors and the Jet Dark for dark colors. I wasn't sure which type of paper to choose when printing.

Thanks!
Choose plain or normal paper..Choosing matte, gloss, photo, or premium will lay down much more ink.

Here is a short video showing you how.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Gz00aWhqV8[/media]

·
Registered
985 Posts
Thank you Mike, very informative.
Sometimes I use matte paper, but it was just guessing.
Now I now for sure from the pros. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts