T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I looked and looked on the forum for some answer and couldnt find the right answer, anyways Im looking into buying epson workforce 1100 or 1400, Im trying to look for the best ink, the best quality ink (or anything familiar to Plastisol if that possible) with the best transfer paper out in the market or anything that is good with a good price. Please I need help:D thanks tho

· Registered
8,073 Posts
skip the 1400...in comes with Claria ink which is not good for garments...great for photos...not Tees. The 1100 comes with pigment ink which is what most inkjets use that print transfers. I am not aware of any inkjet that has the plastisol feel/look

· Registered
2,977 Posts
You can get the ink in bulk from .:: Cobra Ink Systems::. This is where the term CIS began for the 1100 (pigment ink) and refillable carts for it from them too. Others have suggested JPSS paper for lights. You can also get plastisol transfers made for you from Transfer Express and a couple of other places. If you're looking for a plastisol feel you might want to consider getting a vinyl cutter/plotter and doing vinyl.

· Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
skip the 1400...in comes with Claria ink which is not good for garments...great for photos...not Tees. The 1100 comes with pigment ink which is what most inkjets use that print transfers. I am not aware of any inkjet that has the plastisol feel/look
I was looking at the 1100 or 1400 with a CISS. So you prefer Epson 1100 with pigment ink, is that the best?

· Registered
708 Posts
Since you already own the 1400, you can get pigment inks for it. Some companies sell both "for general use" and "for heat transfer" ink sets, others only sell one kind.

I am disappointed in the color output on my 1100 but I don't use it for shirts very much. I am probably going to switch to the 1400 with pigments to see if it has better output, but I need to either sell or use up the 1100 first.

· Registered
136 Posts
1100 can still be purchased directed from epson for just over 100 bucks, plus the ink kit from cobra is very reasonable. I think you would be ahead to stick with the 1100. Many people use the 1100 with cobra ink for transfers with no major problems that I am aware of. Start cheap and work your way up to something better as your business grows.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.