T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

We just purchased an Epson ET-15000 for printing film positives for screen printing. It came with ink already in it, and when we tried running Ryonet InkJet films through the printer it didn't print at all.

We need a 13x19 printer that won't break the bank. We were only looking to spend a few hundred dollars, which is why the Eco Tank 15000 seemed so great. I'm really struggling to find a printer.

What do you use or recommend to get this printer to work?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hmm, laser printers have their own way every time! I have gone through so many bad experiences with them that I've had enough of them for the rest of my life :D My husband has bought a new printer for us HP DeskJet 2622 All-in-One and I decided to read it up on the internet. I found this great site 10 Best Printer for Avery Label in 2021 - Reviews & FAQ with reviews and pluses and minuses of each printer and ours was there too! What I really liked about it is that he allows both scanning and copying, which is incredibly useful! Moreover, it is small and compact too. Though, it comes without a detailed set-up instruction... but we got it through :D

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
So this is a used printer. Have you run some head cleanings and print checks? Sounds like there is air in the lines or the head is clogged. Forget the transparencies and just test on plain paper until you get the thing to print.

If the auto head cleanings don't get you any where, Google how to manually clean the head on that printer. There are videos.

Other possibilities. Whoever poured the ink into the printer did not run the printer through the ink charging process, so there is no ink in the lines or the head. You can check that by opening the printer up (as per a video on manual cleaning, or the like).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All,

We just purchased an Epson ET-15000 for printing film positives for screen printing. It came with ink already in it, and when we tried running Ryonet InkJet films through the printer it didn't print at all.

We need a 13x19 printer that won't break the bank. We were only looking to spend a few hundred dollars, which is why the Eco Tank 15000 seemed so great. I'm really struggling to find a printer.

What do you use or recommend to get this printer to work?

Thanks!
The Epson ET 15000 up dated the firmware causing the printer not to recognize the film because the sensor can’t see the clear sheet of film. You can test my theory by putting a low tack blue painters tape from top to bottom in the middle on the non print side. There is another long term solution that I can explain later.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Epson ET 15000 up dated the firmware causing the printer not to recognize the film because the sensor can’t see the clear sheet of film. You can test my theory by putting a low tack blue painters tape from top to bottom in the middle on the non print side. There is another long term solution that I can explain later.
I just purchased the same printer and had the same problem. I put the tape on the back of the film and it print the whole design.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
You are one strange dude. :)
i thought you might like that

the t-shirt business (entrepreneurship in general) requires thinking for one's self

here is a good quote by F. Scott Fitzgerald:
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.
why eat only apples, when you've heard oranges are good as well?
you can entertain apples are really the greatest, and still contemplate that oranges might be a nice addition
it may require further insight/action on your part, but it does not cripple your current apple-centricity

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Ah, this G. K. Chesterton was a man oft quoted. I've heard the following one rephrased before by some guy from Texas:

"A dead thing can go with the stream, but only a living thing can go against it." - GKC

The Texas guy says, "Even a dead fish can go with the flow."
Fewer words, 'cause us modern folk are in a big darn hurry to get down that stream.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
I want ET15000...can’t find them anywhere. Anyone know where I could find one? Would love a wife format ET
In the future. Covid has broken or bent the supply chain for most everything. This will pass in time. In the meantime, all you can do is keep your eyes peeled and have patience. There isn't a secret horde of these anywhere (unlike the TP everyone has shoved under their mattress).

·
Registered
5 Posts

Hi id love to hear that long term solution? I just got a new Et15000 today and I'm having the same problem, its not seeing the film and taping paper to every screen sounds like a nightmare.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.