T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a printer that can be used with just normal cartridges that can easily be refilled to print on transfers? I tried the CIS and that just didn't work for me. I'm sure it was the cheap system I bought on Ebay, but after spending a few bucks...I'm wonder if there's another way with just cartridges that can be refilled.

OR, is there anyone north of Chicago that would consider helping me get set up with a printer for a fee? Please email me at [email protected] if you can.

Thanks so much.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a c88, but I don't want the continuous ink supply system, but rather cartridges that are easily refillable if possible. I would buy a different printer if the set up for one is easier and there is a better system for refilling cartridges.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
There are cartridges designed to be refilled and work with the electronics of your printer to fool it into not thinking it is not empty of ink after they are refilled. I have a set for my epson1400 but haven't started using them yet. One thing I will suggest, learn to refill them while they are still in the printer. Form what info I can find, that will result in longer life, and fewer messes than taking them out to refill them and putting them back in. Just my opinion at this time since mine are still setting empty in the packing box.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Hey Joe. What do ya know? ( always waited for a reason to say that) Anyway, Thats where I got mine and they came quick.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you guys so much for the info. Someone PM and told me they have been refilling for years. I'm going to give it a try. I ordered pigment ink from https://www.oddparts.com They seem to have a good price and I'm going to try using on my HP 2210v and see how it goes.

Thanks again!

Stephanie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts