T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem can someone help! We have a Summit DTG printer with Epson 4880 printer head and we have use it for half year already and we have been maintaining the printer and everything was good.
Few days ago the white ink is not circulate in the white filter, we were changing every week first for 3-4 month then every three day for few times then only use less than a hour the filter already go bad. We did 5 time of head cleaning the white ink is still not coming out. Just the color ink red, yellow, black but white is very poor. We change all new 8 dampers, but still show same result.
After we flush out all the ink cartridge, put warm water in it, nothing come out from the printer head at all. I soak the printer head in straight cleaning solution for 18 hours. Today I try to clean the head with warm water, the head is clean after I did the waterfall with clean solution all nozzle come out waterfall with easy push, I also only put warm water many time times it shows clean on the head no clog, when I put all the ink hose back to cartridge and WIMS system and I add only warm water in all channel. Then I use the syringe to pull in the warm water but just little bit of water then nothing come out from any of the ink hose, but the capping station is sucking ok itself, just nothing pulling out from it with the print head on it, after that I opened the print head again, all nozzle stuck again need a hard push to pulling out the warm water, is there any possibility the damper problem or air block issue, also some time the carriage can't move the printer head to the right side of the machine feel something is keeping it moving from the capping station. We will appreciate your help, thank you all!

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got it fixed after 5 days of checking and cleaning.
I opened the printer head and waterfall it many times, soak print head in cleaning solution over night and a very good cleaning on the 8 nipples which bring the ink into the printer head it was stuck dry ink there even water won't go through it, it is not clogged any more, the air issue was the capping station is not close enough to the printer head, after I fix the spring it was good now, the machine works perfect again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.