T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,201 Posts
I have had my machine a couple of years and had to replace my yellow print head this past year (not sure why)
I had the humidty and everything right so I am not sure what caused it but I will say the brother is a very solid machine and if you get one and do not need to print white or take it to shows you will be very happy.

I love mine and it never lets me down.

· Registered
16 Posts
we have had our brother for 3yrs. had to replace 2 heads new one 8 months ago and having to replace it yesterday now my blacks screwed up. had a guy down don't know why they are going bad any answers,just seems they ought to last longer than that,but what can one do but pay what they want.the machine has not been moved at all.what a bummer huh. any comments?

· Premium Member
8,928 Posts
Billyjerry,

I would think three years would be a really great life for the printheads, if you are using your printer often. Do you print constantly with it? If so I would be happy with that life.

· Registered
25 Posts
Ultra sonic cleaning isnt always a for sure deal. Although some DTG manufacuters are starting to offer this service it isnt guaranteed. Depending on the printer you are using and the head technology it incorporates there are things you as a user can do to extend the life of your heads. DTG printers such as brother have there own printhead techology and they dont give a life expectancy b/c of usage issues the more you use the printer and the better its maintained the longer it will last as a brother tech I have seen them last as long as 25,000 prints but also have seen printers that dont get enough usage go bad after 2,000 prints. Inkjets as we all know work better if USED often. A little advice to those running brother printers before spending a grand on a new head you should soak and flush the head you are having issues with and this doesnt mean a 30minute soak this means a overnight soak and usually 3 to 4 soaks overnight and then a flush using your cleaning solution. This type of procedure isnt given to a user b/c theres a great risk of damaging the head if it isnt done properly and point blank they want to sale heads!

· Registered
156 Posts
Ultra sonic cleaning isnt always a for sure deal. Although some DTG manufacuters are starting to offer this service it isnt guaranteed. Depending on the printer you are using and the head technology it incorporates there are things you as a user can do to extend the life of your heads. DTG printers such as brother have there own printhead techology and they dont give a life expectancy b/c of usage issues the more you use the printer and the better its maintained the longer it will last as a brother tech I have seen them last as long as 25,000 prints but also have seen printers that dont get enough usage go bad after 2,000 prints. Inkjets as we all know work better if USED often. A little advice to those running brother printers before spending a grand on a new head you should soak and flush the head you are having issues with and this doesnt mean a 30minute soak this means a overnight soak and usually 3 to 4 soaks overnight and then a flush using your cleaning solution. This type of procedure isnt given to a user b/c theres a great risk of damaging the head if it isnt done properly and point blank they want to sale heads!
I had a talk with our distributor, he claimed the print heads were rated for 100,000 prints. I then replied, " Thats for a set of print heads right?" He said, " No it's 100,000 each." I knew that did not seem right. Thanks for clearing that up.

Can you further elaborate upon how one soaks the print heads specifically? Does it soak in a shallow dish or cup? Must it be suspended so that the heads do not touch the bottom of the dish? How much cleaning solution must one use?

Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.