T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

Can anyone help me work out why the colours from my epson printer are always a lot darker than the screen.

What settings or process would anyone recommend to fix this?

Currently printing through Photoshop.

thanks

· Registered
178 Posts
You may look into getting an affordable and well worth it display calibration system:

Spyder Colorimeters For Monitor Display Calibration and Software - Datacolor Imaging Solutions

Secondly, check for ICC profiles from Epson and the paper manufacturer. It's always a good idea to
try and marry up your printer with an already profiled paper if its affordable.

In the process I'd also suggest you keep track of ever change you made cuz when you hit that magical
moment when you're satisfied with the end results you don't wanna be stuck trying to remember what
the hell you did to get there. My weapon of choice for that is SnagIt

I'm sure you'll get some more useful answers once you detail your scenario a bit more.

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So would calibration software create a custom icc profile or something.
The whole process is a bit confusing to me. Is that an icc profile interprits what colours are on the screen and then sends that message to the computer. So if the printing colours are different its the icc profile stepping in and altering things?

I currently have two scenarios one is for t shirt printing. I use jet pro soft stretch print page as plain white and have switched all my colour settings to adobe 98 and the icc profiles to adobe 98 also. But the colours still arnt like the screen.

My second scenario is onto matte canvas i use the radiant white icc profile for that.
For both i use matte black instead of photo black. Would that make any difference?
Thanka

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.