T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

First post, I have been doing t-shirts for a year not with a normal vinyl cutter and I have been looking for ways to do colors and today I have been offered a used VersaCAMM SP300i for $2500 which will allow me to print in color which is really exciting for me but I was wandering does the print still feel smooth like pu vinyl and can he print stretch a little with the t-shirt or will it crack?

· Registered
781 Posts
Hi All,

First post, I have been doing t-shirts for a year not with a normal vinyl cutter and I have been looking for ways to do colors and today I have been offered a used VersaCAMM SP300i for $2500 which will allow me to print in color which is really exciting for me but I was wandering does the print still feel smooth like pu vinyl and can he print stretch a little with the t-shirt or will it crack?
That is a great price for that printer. Tips...keep the ink moving and you will have far less trouble with it then if you dont print often. Also change the cap tops about every 6 months (or sooner if you notice the test print not coming out good). Do a manual cleaning weekly or more often if needed. Don't forget to change: Captops, wipers, wiper scraper, all sponges, and use OEM ink if you want to not have any issues and keep your print heads going for a long time.

Yes the print is smooth, and yes it will have some stretch (depending on what kind you use).
You should not see it crack, it is a much better product then the pigment ink transfers a lot of people use (Jet opaque, etc).

Large designs will still have a bit of a patch feel on thin shirts.

Reactions: PatWibble
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.